Wirral Sailing Centre
Based at West Kirby Marine Lake and offers a full range of water sport activities, with courses available for all ages and levels of experience.
To view our summer timetable click here.
- Certificated courses for adults & juniors: RYA windsurfing, dinghy sailing & power boating; BCU kayaking.
- Children’s holiday courses: certificated courses as above. Multi activity fun weeks.
- Tasters: sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boards & power boating.
- Group bookings: ideal for schools and youth groups.
- Private tuition.
- Children’s parties.
- Splash! Fun on the water, age 6 – 8 years.
- Ladies who Launch: sociable sailing & windsurfing for ladies.
- Equipment hire.
- Hilbre Explorer Boat Trip: an exciting 2 hour RIB trip to Hilbre Island.
- Private craft: launch your own craft – daily, seasonal & annual licences.
- Windsurfing & sailing (adults/older teens) Monday 6pm – 8pm.
- Kayaking (juniors) Tuesday 4.30 pm – 7.30pm.
- Windsurfing (juniors) Wednesday 4.30pm – 7.30pm.
- Sailing (juniors) Friday 5pm – 8pm.
- T15 (youth windsurf coaching & racing) Friday 5pm – 8pm.
NB Club times change late season. Contact centre for details.
Free parking for Sailing Centre users & lake licence holders.
Toilets & showers.
Use of wetsuits/buoyancy aids plus all equipment used on session.
SUP’s (stand up paddle boards) are available to hire in light winds to those who have taken a taster.
Dinghies, windsurf boards & rigs and kayaks are available for hire to those who have NGB certification (minimum RYA L2 or Stage 3, BCU L2.)
Sailing Centre Opening Hours
|April||9am - 5pm|
|May||9am - 8pm|
|June - August||9am - 8:30pm|
|September||9am - 8pm|
|October - March||9am - 5pm|
|Wirral Sailing Centre is open Monday - Sunday throughout the year.|