Wirral Sailing Centre
Based at West Kirby Marine Lake and offers a full range of water sport activities, with courses available for all ages and levels of experience.
TASTER SESSIONS NOW AVAILABLE
25% DISCOUNT OFF ALL Taster sessions THIS SUMMER FOR ALL INVIGOR8 MEMBERS
come and Try Sailing, Windsurfing, Power Boating, kayaking or Paddle Boards
All equipment provided, min age 8, booking essential Tel 929 7707
- Certificated courses for adults & juniors: RYA windsurfing, dinghy sailing & power boating; BCU kayaking.
- Children’s holiday courses: certificated courses as above. Multi activity fun weeks.
- Tasters: sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boards & power boating.
- Group bookings: ideal for schools and youth groups.
- Private tuition.
- Children’s parties.
- Splash! Fun on the water, age 6 – 8 years.
- Ladies who Launch: sociable sailing & windsurfing for ladies.
- Equipment hire.
- Hilbre Explorer Boat Trip: an exciting 2 hour RIB trip to Hilbre Island.
- Private craft: launch your own craft – daily, seasonal & annual licences.
- Windsurfing & sailing (adults/older teens) Monday 6pm – 8pm.
- Kayaking (juniors) Tuesday 4.30 pm – 7.30pm.
- Windsurfing (juniors) Wednesday 4.30pm – 7.30pm.
- Sailing (juniors) Friday 5pm – 8pm.
- T15 (youth windsurf coaching & racing) Friday 5pm – 8pm.
NB Club times change late season. Contact centre for details.
Free parking for Sailing Centre users & lake licence holders.
Toilets & showers.
Use of wetsuits/buoyancy aids plus all equipment used on session.
SUP’s (stand up paddle boards) are available to hire in light winds to those who have taken a taster.
Dinghies, windsurf boards & rigs and kayaks are available for hire to those who have NGB certification (minimum RYA L2 or Stage 3, BCU L2.)
Sailing Centre Opening Hours
|April||9am - 5pm|
|May||9am - 8pm|
|June - August||9am - 8:30pm|
|September||9am - 8pm|
|October - March||9am - 5pm|
|Wirral Sailing Centre is open Monday - Sunday throughout the year.|
|Taster Session (3 hours)||£35||£30|
|SUP Taster (2 hours)||£25||£20|
|2 Day Course||£142.50||£100|
|5 Day Course||£350||£235|
|Half Day Week Course||Not Applicable||£115|
|Dee Tours||£40||£30* (60+ also)|
|Monday 6pm - 8pm||Windsurfing & Sailing||£18||N/A|
|Tuesday 4.30pm - 6.30pm||Kayaking||N/A||£12|
|Wednesday 4.30pm - 7.30pm||Windsurfing||N/A||£12|
|Thursday 6pm - 8pm||Windsurfing & Sailing||£18||N/A|
|Friday 5pm - 8pm||Sailing||N/A||£12|
|Ladies who Launch||£18|
|Splash (6-8 years)||£13|
|Log Hours/Hire (Book 2 hours get 3rd hour free)||£8 (per 1/2 hour)|
|Powerboating (2 hours)||£220|
|Group Bookings||£7.50 (per hour - min 2 hours)|
|Children's Parties (minimum 6 children)||£90|
|Private Tuition||£30pp (additional person 1/2 price)|
|First Aid (1 Day)||£75|
|ACTIVITY||ANNUAL (1st April - 31st March)||DAY/EVE|
|Sail Boats||£171.15 (25% - £128.35)||£12.60/£7.35|
|ACTIVITY||SEASONAL (1st April - 30th September)||SEASONAL (1st October - 31st March)|
|Sail Boats||£142.80 (25% - £107.10)||£103.95 (25% - £77.95)|